Orton Oil Company traces its beginnings to 1950, when Leland and Maude Orton purchased the Bennett Motor Company, A Ford Dealership. Orton Motor Company operated as a Ford Dealership and Standard Oil Service Station.
In 1958, Frank and Lois Orton bought Orton Motor Company passing the family business to the next generation. IN 1969, the Ford Dealership was sold and focus was put solely on the Oil and gasoline side of the business.
In 1976, Tim and Kathryn Orton, newly married and just out college, moved to Minnesota and started a bulk oil and gas station business in Wadena MN. Two years later, they moved to the Walker area to assist in Orton Oil Company’s Convenience Store development.
In 2008, Tim’s Son, Frank Orton, joined the family business moving the company into it’s fourth generation.
Orton Oil Company currently operates 15 company owned sites, provides wholesale gasoline and fuel various dealer clients and operates a bulk plant that services the Walker and surrounding areas with home heating fuel and resort gasoline